Poster Sessions and CACE Special Issue
Notifications of acceptance of contributed papers (posters) were emailed to the Contact Author on May 29th.
Each Contact Author must submit a final version of their Extended Abstract by July 1, 2019. Even if you have no changes, you must re-submit your Extended Abstract for distribution on the thumb drive at the conference.
There are two afternoon poster sessions on Wednesday, August 7 and Thursday, August 8. All posters will be put up for BOTH poster sessions. Contact Authors with an odd poster ID number will present their posters on Wednesday and those with an even poster ID will present on Thursday. Refreshments will be served during these sessions.
- The maximum poster display size will be: Width = 47 in (119 cm) and Height = 46 in (117 cm).
- Please use one of the two poster templates provided. You may reduce the width or height.
- There is a useful video about the Morrison approach at this link:
- All posters will be listed in the program and on the poster boards by their original Submission Number, which should be printed in the upper left corner of the poster.
- The poster boards will be double-sided with TWO posters per poster-board side. This translates into FOUR posters per board. The poster boards will be on stands.
- Use lightweight materials. Pushpins must be able to hold your poster when mounted to the board. Pushpins will be provided.
- Mount your poster at its numbered location on Wednesday morning, and leave it mounted until the end of lunch on Friday. At that time, it must be removed. Any poster not removed by the contact author will be removed by the hotel staff and not returned.
- Be present to answer questions about your poster during the Wednesday poster session if your Submission Number is odd -- or during the Thursday poster session if it is even.
- Tables, chairs, and electrical will NOT be provided for the posters.
- You must bring your posters ready for display. The conference does not provide printing services.
Instructions for Special Issue Manuscript Submission
Please find below the instructions to submit your journal manuscript to the FOPAM Special Issue of Computers and Chemical Engineering (CACE):
1. Go to the journal’s website: https://www.journals.elsevier.com/computers-and-chemical-engineering
2. Format your manuscript according to the instructions in the “Guide for Authors” on the website
3. Click on the “Submit Your Paper” link at the website
4. Click on “My Author Tasks”
5. Click on “Start New Submission”
6. Select “VSI:FOPAM2019” from the dropdown menu under “Enter Manuscript Information”
7. Proceed to follow the instructions on the website
The editorial and review process will be handled following the same practices as other journal manuscripts submitted to the Computers and Chemical Engineering Journal. The special issue editor is Venkat Venkatasubramanian.
The deadline to submit your CACE manuscript is Sunday, November 10.
- Conference Organization
- Meeting Chairs
- Richard D. Braatz
- Thomas A. Badgwell
- Phillip Westmoreland
- North Carolina State University
- Advisory Committee
- Michael Baldea
- University of Texas at Austin
- Leo H. Chiang
- The Dow Chemical Company
- Selen Cremaschi
- Auburn University
- R. Bhushan Gopaluni
- University of British Columbia
- Martha A. Grover
- Georgia Institute of Technology
- Johannes Hachmann
- University at Buffalo
- Heather J. Kulik
- Jay H. Lee
- Jonathan Moore
- The Dow Chemical Company
- S. Joe Qin
- University of Southern California
- Nikolaos V. Sahinidis
- Carnegie Mellon University
- Fengqi You
- Cornell University
- Victor Zavala
- University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Conference Information
- Robin Craven
- Conference Manager